Re: Questions on EIS

From: Stephen C Carlson (scarlso1@osf1.gmu.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 26 1996 - 10:13:51 EDT

Carlton L. Winbery wrote:
>Lk. 12:10 is cited here as disadvantage. Also Mk. 3:28-29, "Truly I tell
>you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they
>utter; but whoever blasphemes _against_ the Holy Spirit can never have
>forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin."
>
> I wonder if this is not a more original version of the saying that Luke
>has taken and worked into a statement for disciples.

I think under standard source critical conclusions, Lk12:10 is from Q,
not a reworking of Mark. The saying on "Blasphemy Against the Holy
Spirit" is a Mark/Q overlap.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson, George Mason University School of Law, Patent Track, 4LE
scarlso1@osf1.gmu.edu              : Poetry speaks of aspirations, and songs