Further Greek Studies

From: Theodore H. Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 09:20:57 EST

To All List Members:

   I hope you will be forgiving if the following is inappropriate. I'm a
new subscriber, and a little uncertain as to exactly what kinds of
submissions are considered acceptable. My intention is to "tune in" and
learn from you all, without getting in the way.
   Although I intend to take a battery of courses in New Testament Greek
when I retire (one or two years to go), thus far I am self-taught. I
have worked my way through Wenham, Machen (twice) and Mounce, and am now
reading a couple of books on linguistics and syntax.
   Can anyone suggest further studies (books, computer programs,
websites, etc.) that will help me develop the necessary skills needed to
do basic translation? I would be particularly interested in some kind of
study system specifically designed to help students remember paradigms,
rules of grammar, etc.

Many thanks,

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann
Humanities Department/Music