Re: New Testament ues of the Ood

From: Bart Ehrman (behrman@email.unc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 06 1998 - 06:48:06 EST

Jack,

   Don't neglect to look at Ralph Martin's extensive study of the Christ
Hymn (the book's called _Carmen Christi_, and has gone through multiple
editions) and Richard Hays's very fine study, _Echoes of Scripture in
Paul_ (not just on this passage, but on the whole topic). These would be
excellent resources, and would help you think through a lot of the issues.

-- Bart Ehrman, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill