Re: Translations

From: Steven Cox (scox@ns1.chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 21:32:17 EST

        Sorry!
        The Black Country is part of the English Midlands,
        (from which I am in exile). It became known by that
        name because of the soot from the pottery industry
        during the 18th Century, and doesn't have any racial
        connotations! Like most regional dialects it has
        probably now been killed by BBC English.
        Hope that hasn't offended anyone :-O
        Steven