Re: RE: Ambiguities intentional?

From: Revcraigh (Revcraigh@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 1998 - 17:21:48 EST

In a message dated 1/12/98 11:39:33 PM, Andrew wrote:

>What purpose would the writer have in making his communication ambiguous
>and therefore confusing?

Because he intends to communicate more things in fewer words than could be
communicated using unambiguous constructions. The fact that Greek is capable
of unambiguous communication of ideas (which I believe), and that a writer,
such as Paul, we must assume is capable of communicating unambiguously (which
I also believe) but does not says to me that it is at least possible that he
intends for us to see numerous possibilities in his communication.

Rev. Craig R. Harmon.