Re: KAMIILON

From: John Pass (johnp@top.net)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 17:39:55 EST

B-Greek,

   Please forgive me for saying something I have not personally
researched: Wasn't it a custom in those days, after the gates
of a city had been closed, to let in travelers/merchants through
a smaller gate/door in the wall for security reasons. Thereby,
forcing a loaded camel to unload and bend beneath the door frame
And the saying 'eye of a needle' became synonymous with this doorway.
This, if true, would support the camel definition. I cannot remember
my source for this as it was sometime ago.

   Thanks,

   John Pass
   Biblical Greek student.