Re: follow up

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 03 1998 - 07:10:01 EDT

Far be it from me to quench the burning passions of B-Greekers intent upon
probing the arcane and truly-unsearchable abyss of the semantic range of
TAMEION. But if ever there was an endeavor to DIWKEIN PTERON PETOMENON,
this is surely one: Jim seems to KNOW that there was a
scatological/humorous intention in Jesus' words and will persist in chasing
the elusive bird that is not to be found, even if it DID ever exist as more
than a remote possibility), and many another B-Greeker seems to delight in
the self-flagellation of pursuing this chimera or mirage. 'Tis uncanny! I
cannot resist citing an old line I used to hear as a child on the radio,
although its sense must be twisted and contorted to have the sense I am now
seeking: "Who k-n-o-w-s what ... lurks in the hearts of men? The SHADOW!"

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu