Re: follow up

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Fri Jul 03 1998 - 08:44:34 EDT

At 07:10 AM 7/3/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Far be it from me to quench the burning passions of B-Greekers intent upon
>probing the arcane and truly-unsearchable abyss of the semantic range of
>TAMEION. But if ever there was an endeavor to DIWKEIN PTERON PETOMENON,
>this is surely one:

!!!!!

>Jim seems to KNOW that there was a
>scatological/humorous intention in Jesus' words and will persist in chasing
>the elusive bird that is not to be found, even if it DID ever exist as more
>than a remote possibility),

I hope I am not that pig headed! I may be, but I hope not. Anyway, the
possibility exists in my mind that Jesus was poking fun at the Pharisees.
He may not have been, that is true, and I have no intention of telling
anyone that he DID. But the possibility intrigued me, so I pursued it with
vigor.

> and many another B-Greeker seems to delight in
>the self-flagellation of pursuing this chimera or mirage.

Carl! What a way with words you have!

> 'Tis uncanny! I
>cannot resist citing an old line I used to hear as a child on the radio,
>although its sense must be twisted and contorted to have the sense I am now
>seeking: "Who k-n-o-w-s what ... lurks in the hearts of men? The SHADOW!"

What's that Shadow guy doing in the shadows????

>Carl W. Conrad

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD