Re: Granville-Sharp in Matt 5:20??

From: dalmatia@eburg.com
Date: Sat Jul 25 1998 - 17:39:01 EDT

Stevens, Charles C wrote:

> If TWN GRAMMATEWN KAI FARISAIWN is correctly translated "of the scribes
> of the pharisees", where is the rendering of the conjunction "KAI" into
> English, and what is its function in the Greek text?

When I first started following this thread, I read the above passage
as having both nouns joined by KAI as being governed by TWN, with the
resultant implicit TWN modifying FARISAIWN. This option has not
arisen in this thread, to my knowledge, and I am wondering why.

George

Lisa Messmer..................ICQ# 5666415
George Blaisdell        dalmatia@eburg.com

Have you seen Dulcie? Look for her Heart! http://www.eburg.com/~dalmatia/dulcie.html

Last Chance for Animals...Fight Pet Theft! http://www.lcanimal.org