RE: Words from a curse tablet

From: Hultberg, Alan (alan_hultberg@peter.biola.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 11:19:40 EDT

Yes, KE does = KAI in these tablets. SOTHRIANOS is certainly from SOTHR, and
must mean something like Savior/Deliverer; I thought the -IANOS ending to be a
latinized suffix (per BDF). The one that is really giving me trouble is
LIMBAROS. The writer of these tablets makes phonological changes in his
spelling (so the KE/KAI), so I'm not certain what the elements of LIMBAROS
are.

Anyway, thanks for the help--I value your judgment immensely in matters Greek!

Alan