Re: The LXX text

From: 16kalvesmaki@cua.edu
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 11:06:09 EDT

>For my own personal use, I've nearly downloaded the Rahlfs' text from
>ccat.sas.upenn.edu. My question, since I haven't a clue regarding
>textual criticism related to LXX, is this: in your opinion, how good
>is this text? What are the alternatives printed or otherwise?

>Mike Sangrey

You may be interested to know that you need not download every LXX
book individually from U Penn. I host a zippable Rahlf's LXX in MS
Word '97 format at my Septuagint website:

http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jdkalv/LXX/readme.html
     or (future home):
http://www.campus.cua.edu/~16kalvesmaki/LXX/readme.htm

Other LXX info, including an LXX discussion list, is to be found at
my LXX website:

http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jdkalv/LXX/index.html
     or (future home):
http://www.campus.cua.edu/~16kalvesmaki/LXX/index.htm

jk
Joel D Kalvesmaki
Graduate Student, Early Christian Studies
Catholic University of America