Bear with me, here. :-)

From: Geoffrey Lessel (glessel@mail.smu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 16 1999 - 20:16:12 EDT

Okay, all you Greek experts. I'm a VERY new newbie (started Thursday) and
was wondering about the pronounciation of a letter. How exactly is the
omikron pronounced and how different is it from omega? Example: Is QEOS
pronounced "theohs" or more like "theahs"? Another one that's giving me
trouble is LOGOS because I just want to pronounce it like an omega,
aparently. Anyway, I have no one to ask but you guys, so there you go.

Thank you very much,
Geoffrey Lessel