Re: Bear with me, here. :-)

From: Joe A. Friberg (JoeFriberg@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Oct 16 1999 - 22:35:27 EDT

Carl et al.:

I have never been stringently taught a system of pronunciation, and
generally encountered a very lax attitude towards the subject. I also have
not purused the subject on my own--yet. My question then is two-fold:
1. I have always assumed that the primary difference between omicron & omega
was quantitative/length rather than quality. Was this true at some point,
and when did it cease being true?
2. Would you begin to recommend a bibliography on the subject, covering the
different proposed systems, reconstructions, etc.?

God bless ya'll!
Joe Friberg