Re: Bear with me, here. :-)

From: N & RJ Hanscamp (hanscamps@paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sat Oct 16 1999 - 21:21:29 EDT

>Welcome to the list, Geoffrey. I must warn you, however, that you are not
>to expect unanimity on even so seemingly simple a question as this.

Agreed. Especially when you ask people who speak American English, British
English, and (of course) *real* English :-).

Jim: both are omicrons, so it should sound like "law- goss"

Jim's reply sounds like "Southern" Greek from here. :-P . I would say
"lo -goss" with both being short o - as in hot. But then I learned Greek
out of Wenham.

I think whichever option you take simply needs to be consistant. Learn it
well one way, but be aware that there are differences.

Nigel and Rebecca Hanscamp
Trinity Methodist Theological College
Auckland Consortium of Theological Education, New Zealand
Email: hanscamps@paradise.net.nz

New Zealand: Home of the America's Cup!