Jude 7 TOV hOMOION TRPON

From: James S. Murray (jsmurray@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 23:41:42 EST

Dear all,

I had a couple of questions about the phrase TON hOMOION TROPON TOUTOIS
in Jude 7. The full text reads:

hWS SODOMA KAI GOMOPPA KAI hAI PERI AUTAS POLEIS TOV hOMOION TROPON
TOUTOIS EKPORNEUSASAI KAI APELQOUSAI OPISW SAPKOS hETERAS, PROKEINTAI
DEIGMA PUROS AIWNIOU DIKHN hUPECOUSAI.

First, is TON hOMOION TROPON an adverbial accusative?

If so, does it qualify one or both of the participles (EKPORNEUSASAI KAI
APELQOUSAI), or could it possibly qualify PROKEINTAI DEIGMA. A couple
of translations I've looked at understand it as qualifying the
participles. I wonder if this is unambiguous in the Greek, or is it a
reflection of the influence the translators feel The Book of Enoch has
on the author.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Murray
Racine, WI