Re: Greek fonts & NT Gateway URL change

From: Mark Goodacre (M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 12:54:28 EDT

On 14 Apr 00, at 7:35, Carl W. Conrad wrote:

> Our esteemed list-owner, Jonathan Robie, has a nice page of links to
> sites where Greek fonts, some of them free, some at a cost, may be
> obtained:
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie/greek/fonts.html
>
> The "Athenian" font is available at no cost at the Perseus web site as
> one of the fonts that may be used to view Greek texts on screen there,
> but of course it can also be used in one's own work:
>
> http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Help/Athenian_Font.html
>
> Also available is SGreek from Silver Mountain Software: read through
> the page at the Perseus web site entitled "Greek Font Help":
>
> http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Help/fonthelp.html

I quite agree about the value of Jonathan Robie's fine page. Just one
or two brief comments & a plug. Athenian is, if I understand
correctly, only free for viewing texts -- I use it to view stuff on
Perseus. If one wants to use it in word processing etc., one has to
part with some cash. SGreek is shareware and means parting with
some cash too. I have listed some more fonts, including other free
ones (SIL, Mounce & Paradigm), on my NT Gateway at:

http://www.ntgateway.com/greek.htm#fonts

Please note the new address for my NT Gateway, by the way, at:

http://www.ntgateway.com

Greek NT Gateway is at:

http://www.ntgateway.com/greek.htm

Apologies for the inconvenience. I've tried to make up for the
inconvenience by giving the site a facelift, adding a couple of fresh
sections & changing the search facility. I have also set up
automatic forwarding at all the previous URLs. Comments,
suggestions, etc. as ever gratefully received.

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk
Dept of Theology
University of Birmingham Fax.: +44 (0)121 414 6866
Birmingham B15 2TT Tel.: +44 (0)121 414 7512

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
  All-in-One Biblical Resources Search
  New Testament Gateway
  Mark Without Q