1Cor 4:2

From: Dmitriy Reznik (reznik1@juno.com)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 09:10:56 EDT

Dear friends,

I'm trying to translate 1 Cor 4. But I met some difficulties.
1) hWDE LOIPON in 4:2. Some dictionaries say it to mean moreover. But I
wonder if this phrase can be translated in two words, word by word, to
have its meaning (in this case how can we translate hWDE and how can we
translate LOIPON?), or this phrase can be translated only as a whole.
2) If moreover is correct, how can this word be understood in this
context?
3) hINA PISTOS TIS hEUREQH: Can TIS mean everyone? If yes, are there any
more examples of this usage?
4) EMAUTW SUNOIDA in 4:4. Does it mean "to know with oneself" which is
"to be concious"? If yes, does "to be concious" always imply "against
oneself"?

Thank you in advance.

Dmitriy Reznik
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!