Re: Book query: MS B

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 10:53:33 EDT

Rod:

For this entry the only libraries in the US that have this are:
IND - University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
ISS- Saint Meinrad College, St. Meinrad, Indiana
NDD-Duke University, Durham, Northa Carolina
zsn-St. Joseph's Seminary, Yonkers, New York
RSC-Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary, Overbrook, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania

Bible. N.T. Greek. ßs Vatican Greek codex 1209. 1965.
E Kainåe Diathåekåe / phototypice expressus iussu Pauli PP.
VI.
  Civitate Vaticana : [s.n.],1965.
 p. 1235-1536 ; 29 cm. At head of title: Ta Ierha Biblia Codex Vaticanus
graecus 1209
(Codex B). Facsimile reproduction by order of His Holiness Paul VI
Ü 11 501 Accompanied by supplement: The Holy Bible, the Vatican Greek
Codex 1209 (Codex B) : the New Testament introduction. Vatican City : s.n.,
1965. (21 p.)
 Paul VI, Pope, 1897-1978.

At 08:41 AM 5/11/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>I gather that the "standard edition" of Vaticanus ('B') is:
>
>*The Holy Bible: The Vatican Greek Codex 1209 (Codex B) Facsimile
>Reproduction...,* Conart & Martini, eds. (Vatican City: Vatican, 1965).
>
>(I pulled that reference from the article on B in the new issue of NovT.)
>Our library has an old facsimile edition (1868, ed. Vercellone & Cozza),
>but it is the typeset edition using type cut to resemble the scribe of B.
>
>Does anyone know if the newer one is still available, either new or used? I
>haven't been able to find it listed in several major seminary libraries
>where I thought I would (e.g., Princeton), but perhaps it's not listed by
>the title I've given above? Nor have I found it in any used book web searches.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rod
>(Yes, I know this would be better suited for the txt crit list, but I'm not
>subscribed there.)

>Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
>Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
>rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
>The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
>http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek