KATARTIZW Perfect M/P

From: B.J. Williamson (hellen_ic@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 01:02:30 EDT

<x-flowed>

Issue: Perfect Middle/Passive of KATARTIZW

Passages: Luke 6:40, 1 Cor. 1:20, 2 Cor. 13:11, Heb. 11:3

According to some, the above passages support the contention
that the Perfect M/P of KATARTIZW should, as a rule, be taken
as Passive.

To my surprise, when I looked these four passages up, I felt that
the Middle was more prominent in the first three, while only the
last passage (Heb. 11:3) was clearly Passive.

In other words, the very passages that are used to support taking
KATARTIZW as Passive, seemed to support it as a Middle!

1 out of 4?

(Exclude Romans 9:22, since this is hotly debated.)

Respectfully,

B.J. Williamson