[b-greek] Letter Forms

From: L. J. Swain (x99swain@wmich.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 12:15:16 EST

I have a quick question on letter forms. I'm doing a study of an eleventh century
copy of Boethius' Consolation, and the scribe has copied the Greek in the text.
Most of the letter forms are easily recognizable, but my question is about the
upsilon. In uncial scripts is the upsilon drawn like a "y"? And if so, is it
drawn with a dot over the top? Byzantine scripts are a little beyond me, and I
couldn't find examples on the web of what I was looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Swain