[b-greek] Re: Principal Parts---PDF Files

From: Steve Puluka (spuluka@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 12:16:50 EST

<x-flowed>
I apologize for this off-topic computer post and promise it will be my only
one on the subject. If anyone wants additional information feel free to
contact me off-list. As the Technology Director of an advertising agency I
have encountered this issue many times before. We use PDF files extensively
for reviews and approvals of print material. The basic trade off in
creating PDF files is file size versus the amount of information included in
the files. One of the trade offs you can choose is whether or not to
include the font and how much of it to include.

PDF is not a graphic format but a proprietary display technology that does
not always require the fonts in use in the document to be installed in the
viewer system. The settings one uses to create the PDF file determine
whether or not a font is embedded at all in a file and how much of the

embedded font is included in the PDF file.

Refer to the font embedding instructions of Acrobat Distiller or Exchange
for further information.

Steve Puluka