[b-greek] RE: Interlinears, Analyticals and E- Bibles

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 17:42:40 EST

<x-flowed>
At 12:22 PM 1/5/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I am not adverse to the use
>of technology. But to use technology without assessing the impact the
>technology is to rush headlong into Fahrenheit 451 smiling all the way.

I have stayed out of this discussion thus far, and will retreat once again
after this post. I must confess basic agreement with Clay's argument above.
As a matter of fact, I have a recently published journal article on the
subject, an earlier version of it is available on my web site:
<http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/documents/commtext.pdf>
The published version is: "Communicating the Text in the Postmodern Ethos
of Cyberspace: Cautions Regarding the Technology and the Text," Detroit
Baptist Seminary Journal 5 (fall 2000): 45-70.

Clay is quite clear that he does not oppose technology. Neither do I. But I
think that both of us sense some dangers in using it without an adequate
dose of discernment.

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
XNS Universal Address: =RodDecker
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm