[b-greek] RE: Interlinears, Analyticals and E- Bibles

From: Jonathan Robie (Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 17:53:35 EST

<x-flowed>
At 12:22 PM 1/5/2001 -0800, clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:

>It would appear that everyone on this list simply thinks this is an exercise
>in fuddy-duddyism. I find this kind of strange. It isn't fuddy-duddyism to
>simply understand the impact that E-Bibles are having on the study of
>biblical languages.

Electronic resources for Greek certainly helped me to learn how to
understand what I was reading. They still help me to verify that a verb
form really is what I think it is. And they really help me associate
different kinds of resources.

People misinterpret Greek, whether in electronic form or paper. Electronic
Bibles make Greek more accessible to people, so that more people can
correctly interpret it and more people can incorrectly interpret it.

It would be interesting to see some real studies that demonstrate the
effect that electronic resources have on comprehension when used in various
ways. But exchanging off-hand opinions about that is (yawn) boring....

Jonathan