[b-greek] RE: 1 Clement XVII:5 Translation

From: Ken Smith (kens@180solutions.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 16:35:13 EDT

-QEIS is typically a masculine nominative aorist passive participle,
i.e.:

LUQEIS LUQENTES
LUQENTOS LUQENTWN
LUQENTI LUQEISI
LUQENTA LUQENTAS

So DOXASQEIS is from DOXAZW, and the aorist stem is -DOXAS-. I believe
that the second person singular aorist active indicative would be
EDOXASAS. (This is off the top of my head -- if I'm wrong, I'm
confident someone will point it out :-).

Ken Smith