[b-greek] RE: 1 Clement XVII:5 Translation

From: Richard Allan Stauch (RStauch@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 23:25:25 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan [mailto:mauros@iol.ie]
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 4:40 AM
>At 21:27 06/07/01, Richard Allan Stauch wrote:
>>Where am I going wrong?
>Richard:
>I see that Kevin has already given you the answer.
>But I wonder do you know that the Perseus site offers a morphological
>analysis of any Greek form, and then access the "big" L.S. & J. lexicon?
>You can go to the home page at: http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/
>clicking on Classics and then Tools
>or you can go directly to:
>Go to:
>http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/perscoll?collection=Perseus:collection
:PersInfo&type=interactive+resource
>You will find Morphological Tools as you scrolls down.
>If you want to read the dictionaries, etc in Greek, rather than beta code,
>it is worth taking a few minutes by clicking on Configure Display.
>Enjoy!

Dear Maurice,

I do enjoy it, indeed. Actually, I was so ashamed of myself for not looking
there first, that I have been loath to continue the thread. I have been
using the Tufts U. Tools for a while, and I should have known better. As
soon as I got Kevin 's reply, I went directly there and discovered my
mistake; I dropped the question like a hot potato. That was my second
mistake (in this thread, anyway). I should have written immediately and
acknowledged it before you spent your valuable time over me.

I am very grateful, though, to Kevin and you, and everybody who is praying
for my deliverance. Perhaps some day I will finally be still, and just
"know." Until then, I am constantly reminded of the ancient Chinese proverb:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it (I once prayed for wisdom,
and God has been pelting me with it ever since). ;)

Thanks eternal,
Richard Allan Stauch
Long Beach, CA