[b-greek] Re: 1 Tim. 2:4 --> PANTAS ANQRWPOUS

From: Harry W. Jones (hjbluebird@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 21:25:29 EDT

> Dear B-Greekers,
>
> Does the phrase, PANTAS ANQRWPOUS in 1Tim. 2:4 mean all of the
> class known as men or simply a subclass of men. I appreciate
> any help you can give me on this.
>
> Warmly,
> Harry Jones

Dear B-Greekers,

Some people believe that PANTAS in 1 Tim. 2:4 means,
"all kinds of". But BAGD 2ed page 631 section 1.b gives the
construction PANTAS ANQRWPOUS to mean, "all men", "everyone".But
even if PANTAS in this construction was taken to mean
"all kinds of" wouldn't this still mean all men?

Sincerely,
Harry Jones