[b-greek] Zuntz's grammar

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 06:42:58 EST

<x-flowed>
On another list, a posting on Jan 28 has pointed out that " today is the
centenary of
Zuntz's birth ".

When I asked if he were the author of a Greek grammar, I was told:

Yes, it is the Zuntz of
Greek: A Course in Classical and Post-Classical Greek Grammar
from Original Texts 2 vols. Sheffield 1994
and of
"Lukian von Antiochien" 1995 (published posthumous)
and of The Ancestry of the Harklean NT
and above all of The Text of the Epistles
<<<<<<<

The grammar is the only one of his books which I have read, and I wonder if
those how those who use the various grammars would rate it.
On first sight, such aspects as always printing the iota in dative cases as
iota adscript, rather than iota subscript are obvious. Are there other
differences worth commenting on, especially for B-Greekers?

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie