[b-greek] 2nd Corinthians 5:10

From: waldo slusher (waldoslusher@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 19:55:17 EST

My question deals with the final phrase, which reads
EITE AGAQON EITE KAKON.

Some translations seem to translate this word KAKON as
"worthless" or "bad" rather than "evil."

I think this word elsewhere, correct me if I am wrong,
has the meaning of "evil." So, what would be the basis
upon which one should understand KAKON as worthless or
bad, rather than evil? And by "evil," I really mean
that which is none other than "sinful."

Does it have anything to do with the fact it is being
compared with AGAQON?

One final comment. I am really enjoying this site. I
am amazed at the scholarship that many out here show.

Thank you all very much,

Waldo Slusher
Calgary