[b-greek] Re: 2nd Corinthians 5:10

From: dave willis (dwillis@stx.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 21:05:46 EST

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 Polycarp66@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/27/2002 7:55:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> waldoslusher@yahoo.com writes:
>
> My question deals with the final phrase, which reads
> EITE AGAQON EITE KAKON.
>
> Some translations seem to translate this word KAKON as
> "worthless" or "bad" rather than "evil."
> _________________
>
> I'm not sure where you get EITE AGAQON EITE KAKON. My NA26 reads
>
> TOUS GAR PANTAS hHMAS FANERWQHNAI DEI EMPROSQEN TOU BHMATOS TOU XRISTOU, hINA
> KOMISHTAI hEKASTOS TA DIA TOU SWMATOS PROS hA EPRACEN,
>
> **EITE AGAQON EITE FAULON**.

my tr text reads:
touv gar pantav hmav fanerwqhnai dei emprosqen tou
bhmatov tou cristou ina komishtai ekastov ta dia tou swmatov prov a
epraxen agaqon eite kakon

while my wh (which the na26 is from) text reads:
touv gar pantav hmav fanerwqhnai dei emprosqen tou bhmatov tou cristou ina
komishtai ekastov ta dia tou swmatov prov a epraxen eite agaqon eite
faulon
(sorry for the copy and paste)

notice that tr does not end with EITE AGAQON EITE KAKON, but just AGAQON
EITE KAKON.

-dave willis