[b-greek] Re: Resurrection of Jesus

From: Paul Schmehl (pschmehl@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 20:50:39 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "dave willis" <dwillis@stx.rr.com>
To: "Biblical Greek" <b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Cc: "Biblical Greek" <b-greek@franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 6:02 PM
Subject: [b-greek] Re: Resurrection of Jesus

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Hrubi Krunoslav wrote:
>
> > I am confronted with a teaching which says, Jesus rose on Shabbat
> > (Saturday).
>
> where does it say that jesus rose on saturday? in rereading matthew,
> mark, luke, and john (kjv), i found nothing of that sort. jesus was put
> into the sepulchre on friday because of the approaching sabbath, and was
> discovered sunday after the sabbath, for the jews rested on the sabbath.

You do realize that there is absolutely nothing in this statement that you
have made that precludes a Saturday resurrection, don't you? Buried on
Friday and found on Sunday does not equal buried on Friday and rose on
Sunday.

(And that's all I'm going to say because this is outside the parameters of
the list already.)

Paul Schmehl pauls@utdallas.edu
pschmehl@sbcglobal.net
http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/