[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

_Community Information Service Management Guidelines_

Hello to all:

Based on the amount of interest we've drawn from several other topic-related
listservs, and with suggestions from our colleagues, we are posting
information on our newly released book, _Community Information Service
Management Guidelines_.  Please find all necessary information below.

All the best,

Brian Vidic
Network Design
co-author

               _Community Information Service Management Guidelines_

The infoWorks Partnership announces the release of the first complete
resource dedicated to the design, development and daily operation of
community information services.

Referred to as community information networks, on-line information services,
public access networks, and community information services, the advent of
these services continues to transform the landscape of community economic
and social development around the world.

This book is dedicated to providing the necessary information persons and
organizations need to design and operate these services on a daily basis.

A Sampling of the Topics Covered:

* ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
* REVENUES, BUDGETS, EXPENDITURES
* FUNDING RESOURCES and ALTERNATIVE FUNDING IDEAS
* PERSONNEL
* SITE SELECTION and PREPARATION
* HARDWARE, and SOFTWARE ACQUISITION
* DATA ACQUISITION
* USER SUPPORT
* WORKING with INTERNET PROVIDERS (POPs)
* DEVELOPMENT of WORLD WIDE WEB SITES
* SYSTEM CONCEPTUALIZATION and DESIGN
* RISK CONTROL and LEGAL ISSUES
* DOCUMENTATION
* COMPREHENSIVE PLANNING
* STRATEGIC PLANNING
* TAKING ACTION
* RESEARCH and EVALUATION
* ACCOUNTABILITY

Additionally, this book provides actual surveys, needs assesments and
evaluation tools for administrators.  These tools can be used in practice by
administrators.  There are nearly 20 tools in the book that are designed to
be copied, used and made functional.  Some of the tools are listed below.

* USER SATISFACTION SURVEY
* SIX-MONTH EVALUATION
* PRE-PROJECT EVALUATION AND IMPACT QUESTIONS
* INITIAL NEEDS ASSESSMENT
* PRE-INTERVIEW TELEPHONE SURVEY

Several additional topics are covered.  All information is presented in a
concise, easy-to-read format.  It is designed to assist the administrator,
the systems operator, the trainer, and the user.

Anyone that is currently operating an information service in a community of
any size should have this book residing on their desktop.  It is *the*
definitive work on community information services and should be the
companion of any community information service administrator or organization.

The book takes advantage of the organizational experience and success of The
infoWorks Partnership, and the personal experience and successes of Clark
Rogers and Brian Vidic, co-authors.

Call them PANs, Free-Nets (c), community information networks, etc....these
services have become part of the landscape of communities around the world.
The success stories and evidence of impact has been documented time and again.

The book is the logical accompanyment to those planning to establish a
service, and those that have been operating them for years.

Please reserve a copy of  _Community Information Service Management
Guidelines_ for myself and/or my organization.

The price of the book is $79.95.  Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

Name: __________________________________________
Organization/Company:_____________________________
Name of Network:_________________________________
Address:_________________________________________
City:____________________________________________
State:_____________
Zip Code:_________
Country:_________________________________________
Phone Number: ___________________________________
Fax Number:______________________________________
Internet Address:___________________________________
Payment Methods: Personal/Company Check, Money Order, Cashier's Check
(No Credit Card Orders) **All International Orders add $15 for S/H.

Questions or comments should be directed to Brian Vidic at
vidic@infowks.com   ...........or call the numbers listed below.

The infoWorks Partnership
800 Vinial Street
Suite B312-313
Pittsburgh, PA  15212-5128
USA

(800) 434-5790  (Inside the continental United States)
(412) 322-5790  (International, or in Pittsburgh)
(412) 322-5792  Fax

vidic@infowks.com
works_i@wvlink.mpl.com

World Wide Web  ><  http://www.infowks.com