[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Drucker revisited (fwd)

I don't know the answer about whether the Web will do better -- but I do
know that some of the storybook c.d.'s we've got for our little boy, like
the Tortoise and the Hare, will read in either English or Spanish. It's a
nice complement to the all-English language television he gets otherwise.
And he doesn't seem to realize he's listening to a different
language.

 Maggie RR

 On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Karl Lietzan wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:41:26 -0500 (EST) > From: Karl Lietzan
<lietk@ils.unc.edu> > To: ils310@listserv.oit.unc.edu > Subject: Re:
Drucker revisited (fwd) > > It is probably too much to hope for for the
*web* to do better, but some > enterprising soul may write a program or
two, possibly involving the > concept of push, where the content and
applications that are visible from > a given child's computer are tuned to
the desires of the parent for the > education of that child. > > On Tue, 4
Mar 1997, Bert J. Dempsey wrote: > > > > > kim-- > > thanks for this post.
i found this line below just too ironic: > > > > -->... and there will not
be many school children > > -->who will not have had some television in
their educational experience . .  > > > > tv is certainly "educating" our
children today. > > > > and the question is: > > can the Web be expected
to do better? > > > > ---bert