[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: WATER digest 161 (fwd)

Sender: banks@darwin.bu.edu (Jay Banks)
Subject: Re:  WSN: Solvation

To add to Pieter Stouten's list of references on solvation, may I be permitted
to plug my own work?  It's a first pass at a "dynamic" continuum model:
in the spirit of Honig, but the water density (and thus the dielectric
constant) can vary in space and time.  The water is given a self-interaction
that favors states of zero density (where the solute is) and bulk water
density, with an energy cost per unit area for an interface.  Also an
explicit short-range interaction with solute as well as its electrostatic
(dielectric) effect.

Jay Banks, Richard C. Brower, and Jianpeng Ma
Effective water model for Monte Carlo Simulations of Proteins.
Biopolymers vol. 35 (1995), p. 331-341.