[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

divorce

uf26@sysm.acs.virginia.edu asked about:
> The phrase "MIAS GUNAIKOS ANDRA" in 1 Tim.3:2...

I've seen interpreters suggest one of the following, or combinations thereof,
as the meaning of the one wife rule.

1) being currently married is a requirement.
2) at least one marriage to date is a requirement.
3) simultaneous polygyny disqualifies.
4) serial polygyny disqualifies.

The narrowest interpretation would be 1+3+4, of course.
As to which combination is "correct," I will answer that
when and if I am a candidate for President.          :-)

Vincent Broman,  code 572 bayside,                                  =   o
Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance Center, RDT&E Div.   =  _ /- _
San Diego, CA  92152-5000,  USA                                  =  (_)> (_)
Internet Email: broman@nosc.mil    Fax: +1 619 553 1635   Phone: +1 619 553 1641