Re: Thanks, and request for Hebrew list information

From: Paul Zellmer (zellmer@cag.pworld.net.ph)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 18:15:51 EDT

Tom,

There are a couple of lists going that I'm aware of.

The first is a sister list to this one, as has a similar history and
also has Jonathan Robie as listowner. It's Biblical Hebrew, and you
subscribe just like you did for this list, either at
http://sunsite.unc.edu/bhebrew or by sending a message to
subscribe-b-hebrew@franklin.oit.unc.edu

The second list Hebraisticum <hebraisticum@mail.Uni-Mainz.de>. It's
been a long time since I signed up for that one, but I seem to recall
that it is a "majordomo" list, which means that you would have to send a
message to majordomo@mail.Uni-Mainz.de with the text "subscribe
hebraisticum" A word of warning: this list tends to have more
posts in German than does Biblical Hebrew. But the majority of postings
have been in English.

Actually, there is a lot of overlap in membership of these two. You
probably would get 95%+ of the postings by joining Biblical Hebrew.

Oh, and as far as hebrew in the Word environment: unless you can get
hold of the Israeli version of Windows, you'll have to resign yourself
to either reversing the text (either as you type it or with a macro) or
using alternate transliterations that run from left to right.

Hope this helps,

Paul

--
On June 10:
  1752  Ben Franklin's kite is struck by lightning

Paul and Dee Zellmer, Jimmy Guingab, Geoffrey Beltran Ibanag Translation Project Cabagan, Isabela, Rep. of Philippines

zellmer@cag.pworld.net.ph