Re: Eph 2:14-15

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 14:27:57 EDT

TO MESOTOICON TOU FRAGMOU = THN ECQRAN = TON NOMON. Paul is here using the divisions
into which the Temple court was divided, no doubt particularly the wall that
separated the Court of the Gentiles from the inner court for Jews alone, to symbolize
the features of the Mosaic law which likewise divided Jew from Gentile. This
division was in turn a source of "enmity," physical and spiritual, between Jew and
Gentile, an "enmity" which was done away with by the peace of the Christ who
"fulfilled" the Law, bringing Jew and Gentile into one religious body: the Christian
congregation.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org