First year grammar

From: Mark Gibbs (GibbsM@smcsc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 21:31:52 EST

Greetings folks,

I (as it seems at this point) have been given the task of implementing
2
semesters of elementary Greek (100 or 200 level, with the possibility of

adding 2 more semesters later) here at SMC possibly by fall 2000. I am
thrilled that this is the direction that may be taken and that the
administration may see the value in this...

Question: I would like to take a survey of the B-Greek participants as
to the
recommendation for first year Greek text...

This will be biblically focused (NT) rather than classically (though not

disregarded). I was brought up on Machen, but have had exposure to
Mounce,
Efird, and Wenham. It has been a while since I looked at the first year

offerings. What thinks ye?

If this has been addressed previously, please point me to the archives
as not
to bother.

Sincerely,
Mark W. Gibbs