"Why study Greek?"

From: Jayce Edwards (hellojayce@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 14:37:16 EST

From: Jayce C. Edwards
e-mail: hellojayce@aol.com

                            "Why study Greek?"

This was the question posed to me at a church leadership meeting recently,
when I asked them if anyone was interested in learning NT Greek. I have
been asked to teach NT Greek to a group of interested church members. It
has always been my dream to teach Greek, and having pastored for eight
years, the time has arrived when I may well have the opportunity. I have
paid close attention to the many discussions about first year Grammars, and
thank everyone on the list for their input. Here's my question:

 How would you answer the question, "Why study Greek?" if posed to you?

I would love to compile a list of your answers and share them with my
potential students, as well as with those brave souls that take up the
joyous work of learning Greek. I am glad to be a part of this list and look
foward to your many helpful remarks.

CARIS to all!

Jayce C. Edwards
Senior Pastor
Huntington Massachusetts

"Ve git too soon old, and too late schmart!"